George Inn, All Saints & Post Office
Church_and_village 1900s Valentine publication. Note the house in the All Saints Churchyard, now demolished and replaced by graves. The Court Farm buildings on the other side of The Hyde.
Court Farm, before restoration by Morley Horder. What is now a magnificent garden was a farm yard, and The Great Hall was used as a farm building.
Brooklyn and Glenthorne (Eastmeon street)
Looking down the High Street towards Glenthorne. The small building nearest the camera housed a visiting fishmonger.
High Street looking west, dated 1909.
Looking west down the High Street in 1909.
The old Forge and what is now Forge Cottage.
Western end of village, early in the reign of George V. The Institute can be seen, and Aburrow's wheelwright workshop, but the rifle range has not yet been built. Rose Cottage is still in front of Heycroft.
The reverse of the Bird's Eye Post Card. This stamp of George V was issued the year of his coronation, 1910. The text carries a date, sometime in the 1910s, but the last digit is not legible.
Warren's shop at Tudor House
Potters General Warehouse
Park Hill coloured postcard sent June 1912
PC High Street, Hockley Cottages, Parsons Stores &c 14-09-1905
The High Street, featuring two of the cottages at Barnards Corner and Bell Cottage
Looking west up High Street, New Inn, Brooklyn and Glenthorne, Note Crowley & Co, who bought the New Inn in 1879.
View from Park Hill, 1900s, used as postcatd to Mrs Bray. The long white roof beyond the George Inn is the rifle range built at some point in WWI.