Institute and Library, 1928 - 1951
East Meon Institute, which contained a Library, Coffee room and Hall, with Park Vista to the left.
Plaque commemorating the opening of the Institute in 1887
Closer view of the Institute including the Hall
Church Institute with High Street, pre 1910
Village Institute Committee Late 1940s
Children's tea outside the Institute, undated. Note the country costumes worn by some adults.
Group with bunting in Institute, undated.
Dinner in the Institute - possibly a sports club - early 1950s. Far side of table, left to right, Bill Blackman, Jimmy Brown (wearing glasses), John Tosdevine, end of table Reg Lanham..
Typewritten excerpts from the original Indenture, 14th December 1887, and from the Declaration of Trust, 9th March 1912.
Village Institute certificate of exemption from Entertainments Duty, 1948
The minutes of the Management Committee of the Institute, 1928 - 1942. This is a large file and takes time to download.
Pages of the minutes book of the Institute, recording meetings from 1942 - 1951.
Notes of points raised in the Minutes of the Institute.
Report on history of Institute and Hall, by Michael Blakstad
Article in Meon Matters, June 2014, describing the Institute as revealed in the Minutes books.