Barnards and Bell Cottage. When this photograph was taken, there were five dwellings in what are now three houses.
Nurse Micklam and family outside Barnards in about 1905. Nurse Micklam was a disttrict nurse and her husband was a baker.
Barnards with five doors and War Memorial. The Memorial was built in 1923 and there are still five doors in the three dwellings.
The dedication of the War Memorial in 1923. The plaque above the door of Barnards, LHS, shows that A Mullard, carrier to Portsmouth, plied his trade from here at this time.
Barnards and War Memorial flooded. Hazel Goddard is standing on the doorstep
Another view of the flooding in 1953.
Herbie Goddard's rate book, cover, 1958/9.
Barnards rate book inside pages.
Barnards Corner photographed by Chris Warren.
Barnards Corner on right, and High Street with & Glenthorne House on left.
Barnards Corner probably derived its name from Eliza Barnard, who lived and ran a boarding house there in the middle of the 19th century. It was one of the buildings researched as a House History in 2012; click here for the content of the display panel.
Attached as PDFs are research notes prepared in the course of producing the House History.